Classes Begin December 4, 2013!Program Overview
The Promotion Optimization Institute (POI), in partnership with Dr. John L. Stanton at St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, offers an educational program leading to a certificate as a Certified Collaborative Marketer (CCM)™. The Certified Collaborative Marketer – CCM™, Executive Certification Program is specifically designed to develop the skills of current and future leaders in food and consumer packaged goods - CPG industries. To succeed in business, individuals must be able to see beyond their own functional area and understand how the organization operates as a whole.
During this 16-week self directed program, expert faculty expose participants to the key management levers that drive organizational success. The program begins by exploring how organizations develop and implement strategy. Then, core functional areas of business are explored – from sales to marketing, to supply chain and finance –teaching candidates a solid understanding of each function and how it contributes to trading partner collaboration success.
CCM training will teach you the techniques, tools and approach for analyzing and building effective TPM-TPO marketing, promotions, sales and merchandising strategies to propel your organization and your career forward. Throughout the 16 week program, you will discover exceptional opportunities for broadening your perspective, collaborating with a group of retailer and manufacturer peers and analyzing the TPM and TPO activities in your company. Ultimately, you will attain lasting satisfaction from creating the improved strategies, and approach for analyzing and building cost effective marketing, promotions, sales and merchandising, you’ll implement them into your job and for your company.Who Should Attend
The CCM certificate is right for anyone looking to further pursue their Trading Partner Collaborative business knowledge and skills on a convenient, flexible schedule (90% online).Requirements for enrollment include the following:
- • A minimum of five years experience in a CPG or retail role
- • A bachelors degree, from an accredited university or college
- • An active current job within a major retail or CPG manufacturer
- • If the above cannot be met exceptions apply
- • CPG Sales/Mktg.
- • Category Mgt.
- • Supply Chain Management
- • Trade Marketing
- • Sales Finance
- • Brand Marketing
- • S&OP (Demand Planning)
- • Retail Marketing
- • Retail Advertising
- • Purchasing
- • Retail Category Management
- • Retail Marketing
- • Loyalty and Analytics
- • Retail Merchandising
- • Pricing
- • Attendance at the live training events
- • Successful completion of the self-directed course
- • Satisfactory grade on the final course exam
- • Submission of a completed related collaborative price/promotion optimization plan.
Achieving the CCM allows you to gain essential skills sought after by successful CPG/Retail executive team leaders and their hiring departments.These skills include:
- • Planning
- • Executing
- • Analysis
- • Evaluating Shopper Insights
- • Leadership Decision Support
Perhaps the most appealing aspect of the CCM program is its convenience and flexibility. This 16 week program allows busy professionals to take advantage of the various learning formats both at their desks and at convenient locations. Certification will be achieved in a blended format using classroom content as well as online content. Onsite orientation and Collaborative Marketing exercises are held at St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The campus is only 15 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) or can be reached via Amtrak.Curriculum
Attendees learn through group projects and simulations with other executives from leading companies. The program concludes with a leadership simulation exercise and an interactive session on the POI collaborative approach to management, in which participants develop a strategy map for an organization in order to integrate the key take-aways from throughout the program.Curriculum covered over the course include:
- • Category Management
- • Data, Insights & Analytical Concepts
- • Trade Marketing
- • Planning & Forecasting
- • Modeling – Predictive Analytics
- • Collaborative Culture and Strategies
- • Business Applications
- • Modeling – Optimization
- • Pricing Methodology
- • Shopper Marketing/ Consumer Insights
- • Social Media and Mobile Marketing
Registration, is $4,995.00 per candidate (group discounts will apply, plus prorated for qualified subject exemptions).Includes:
- 1. All curriculum materials, online access to courses and follow up materials.
- 2. Registration, materials and data preparation for on-site (retailer/manufacturer) pre-curriculum meeting.
- 3. Registration , materials and data preparation for on-site four day joint business planning session (upon completion of the online portion) and access to the POI CCM social network (networking, meeting/exam preparation etc.)
- 4. Complimentary registration for a future POI event.
- 5. All meals throughout the program and discount housing at a nearby hotel.